Ok,
We all know the NUS Computer Center is a fucking retarded organization. They have crappy laptop tenders, with a total lack of options for Tablet PCs, and for some weird reason always have Fucking Fujitsu every year. Don't bother trying to negotiate with NUS Computer Center on this, they're just a bunch of incompetent idiots... You can quote me on this.
So, who can stand up to the retardness of NUS Computer Center? UCLA!!! You see, firstly my hall has no wireless access (sidenote: why is it student accommodation have fucked up wireless - reference to PGP), so I have to use a wired connection.
Oh ya which reminds me. BRING YOUR OWN FUCKING LAN CABLE TO AMERICA. A 2M LONG CAT 5E CABLE ROBBED ME OF US$7.95!!! It cost about like wad $3.00 in Singapore??? Cost price is probably in cents???
Ok, back to UCLA computer center (or whatever is their equivalent name here). Guess what? In order to connect to the internet, I MUST install their fucking spyware that checks me for: Anti-Virus, Updated Anti-Virus Database, Updated WinXP patches, Windows Update turned on, etc... And I must pass all those checks, if not no internet. This is different from NUS, where u can wipe clean the NUS shit and you can still connect fine (sidenote: actually I have received alot of reports that NUS bloatware makes your connection worse). Of course, the excuse is to help the IT noobs from virus outbreaks, but we all know they are using it to track our surfing habits. For that matter, why hasn't anyone complained about this? I thought Americans were big on rights and all this shit. I have a right to disable Windows Update you know!!!
So, I have no choice but to enable Windows Update, but I removed the option to auto-install and auto-download. Another problem, apparently my Kapersky database is outdated. So I tried to update, guess what? I can't update my Kapersky database because I am denied access to the net. RETARDNESS. For the IT noobs, I need to connect to the internet to update my anti-virus definitions, but UCLA won't allow me to because my anti-virus definitions are outdated. RETARDNESS x2.
Finally, I did a long-winded method:
1) Uninstalled Kapersky
2) Installed the free UCLA-licensed anti-virus and updated it. (For the record the UCLA anti-virus is intentionally fucked... you are denied options to even disable it or prevent its autorun on startup).
3) Then re-installed Kapersky and updated it
4) Finally uninstalled the UCLA-licensed anti-virus.
Oh ya, the fucking UCLA spyware program runs on every boot up to check for all the shit. Guess what? I disabled it once I completed the registration process. Fuck off man bloody spyware... hey my internet works fine now right?
But then thinking again, NUS probably track our surfing habits also, since we need to login with our ID and password.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment