I live in a Double Occupancy. The orientation is just about correct, except the 2 tables are facing the window, i.e. when both room occupants sit at the table, they face the window and not the walls.It's a fucked up design. Why? Because I can't see who is behind me, and it's driving me nuts.
I NEVER HAVE MY BACK TO THE DOOR. If possible, I always have my face to the door. That way I always know who enters the room. You know like how profs arrange their office. At home, it's a compromise due to space restrictions, I have my table to the side of the wall, but I can always turn my head to see who enters my room and more importantly, nobody can see what I do. I don't the idea that somebody else is the room when I enter my internet banking password, talk to the bank over the phone and thus giving away authentication information like my birthday and mother's maiden name or even talking to my parents.
Ok fine, maybe you think WL is paranoid about privacy... but hell I have full autonomy at home. Even my mom doesn't enter my room without asking my permission. Now I'm staying with another stranger? Urgh.... totally unbearable.
Luckily, the doors opening sound is noisy so I always know when someone tries to enter the room. Still it sucks... I'll never share a room again in my life. Sidenote: For those wondering, it's not a roomate problem. He's a fine and quiet person. It's just me. I can't fucking live in the same room with another person. It's a fucking human right god dammit!!!
Not unless it's Nice Girl anyway... That I do not have a problem :D
1 comment:
shift the table around? haha ya actually the optimal arrangement in rooms is for the table to have the back against the wall and facing the door. it makes the territory belong to the person at the table.
some people also like the table to face the window instead of the wall.
Post a Comment