Ok man, it's official. UCLA Inorganics is bad for chemical health.
Today, was the Tutorial session, and my god I was appalled. The TA was as blur as that CM1121 TA I had last time, who didn't even know what he was talking about. No, I think she was worse than the one in NUS.
Woah... talk about complete unprepared-ness. I know TA is generally seen as a waste of time to most Graduate Students (and in defence of them, it is), but still... Anyway, this is from an undergrad pt of view.
Seriously, the stuff they learn a so erm... shallow? Mind you, the course is meant for Year 3/4s. For example, how to explain the anomalous electronic configuration of Cr? i.e. 4s13d5. Ans: It's an exception. Half-filled d-orbitals. Just memorise it...
Doesn't that sound very NUS like to you? Just memorise it? Bettens would scream and this kind of shit man! He taught us better. And that was CM1101 mind you! The most basic and simple of all CM mods available in NUS!!!
For the record, the explanation (as my rusty mind can remember it), the real explanation is quite complex - something on the repulsion energy between electrons in same orbital, and the 4s-3d repulsion (Aiya, go read CM1101 notes for more details).
Oh ya dude, Year 3 Americans don't know what a Ligand is. I dunno if that guy who asked the question was a plain sleeper (I don't think so), but seriously we have at least some idea what a ligand is since JC!!!
And then, someone commented that the Tuesday's tutorial TA was worse than today!?!? WTF!?!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment