The Ethics in Public Policy (a USP 1st-tier substitution) module I'm taking at UCLA is interesting. Especially since it features Singapore public policy in Week 8 (now that's real Singapore studies).
BUT, keeping up with the humanities jargon and names is going to take some use too... Arghh... Hume, Kant, Mill, Ross, Marx, wadever!!!! Guess what about 60 people in the class, all humanities (social science, philosophy, economics, political science, etc...) major except me, the Chemist. There was one or two more engin/science people too I think.
Come to think about it, I have never taken a humanities course/module before ever since I got in NUS. Maybe that's why I'm freaking out. The only thing I caught, was Aristotle (was it him?) and some principle of what ethics is not... for example if something is too extreme, it's probably not ethical. Now that reminded me of my orbitals, and probability distribution function. You can't know where the electrons exactly, just in the way you can't tell where the ethical pt is??? WTF am I making any sense???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment