Friday, January 4, 2008

My Hall is a High-Security Prison

I went to visit a friend in PGP many years ago (so not sure if my data is still current), and was shocked to discover that PGP is like a bloody prison (reference to the metal gate and the need for the transponder to get pass it).

Guess what? UCLA halls are high security prison. Apparently you need the bruin card or internal access card to do everything, I mean literally everything like:
1) Enter the Building.
2) Use the Stairs.
3) Use the Elevator.
4) Use the Toilet. This last one is FUCKING IRRITATING. Sometime I just need to wash my hands, and I have to remember to bring my wallet and check to see that my access card is inside. Why da fuck is access to the toilet restricted? Will the girls come and rape me in the toilet???

To makes matter worse, my Bruin Card (used for options 1, 2 & 3) wasn't working since Thursday, and it was only today evening that I finally managed to make it to work after:
1) Talking to the Hall Front Desk People.
2) Calling to the Housing Administrative Office.
3) Visiting the Housing Administrative Office.
4) Visiting the Bruin Card Center.
5) Finally calling the person-in-charge.

Apparently, I am not registered as a resident. After paying $75 extra mind u!!!

No comments: