Sunday, January 20, 2008

More American Quirks - The Toilets

Ok, here's a long overdue consolidation of the quirks about American toilet.

Sinks

It's a known fact that in terms of size Caucasians are generally larger build than Asians. For some reason that has defied me, the sinks in America are lower than in Sinkapore (pun not intended). I find the sinks ridiculously low that every morning I have to bend down... and it hurts a lot. Either that or bend your knees. WTF!!! And I'm not tall ok!!! WTH is wrong with the designers of American toilets??? Don't they find it fucking uncomfortable???

Cubicles

Again, I guess land must be not an issue in America. Toilet cubicles, in particular the ones meant for the wheelchaired people are huge. I mean huge. Alright, maybe I'll snap a picture or two if I ever get to it. Another weird observation. The gaps between the doors are actually large enough to see through, i.e. someone outside can see you if he positions himself correctly. WTH!!! Another fucking engineering oversight!!!

"Tissue Paper" / "Paper Towels"

Instead of those hand dryers we have back home, American toilets have paper towel dispensers. Now, I use this term very lightly because the fucking paper is brown. Like shit... Hell, it could be recycled shitted toilet paper, which was compressed and de-odourized. Eeww... I don't even use it to clean my face. And I'm not a particularly clean person btw...

No comments: