Ok, had a rather productive but frustrating trip today. Managed to settle a few stuff:
1) Open Bank Account and dump in most of my money.
2) Purchase toiletries, cause the one that I brought along will only last a few weeks tops.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any shops that sell thermal underwear pants or a pillow for that matter. Damn...
Some peculiarities about American traffic lights. Traffic light for pedestrians is coded in Orange and White, which corresponds to Red and Green back home. Why? I have no idea. Also, the stupid traffic lights don't make a sound when they turn green (or rather white). Sometimes I miss the damn green/white man cause I wasn't paying attention. What a retarded design... On the flip side, every traffic light does have its own timer, i.e. it will tell you how many more seconds until it turns red (or rather orange). It's better than Singapore in this aspect where only a few traffic lights do that, which btw was an implementation in recent years only. Also, American traffic lights seems to respond faster (i.e. less waiting time), which makes me lead to believe they cycle through the red & green faster. Better than stupid Singapore where you can wait for a year for the green man to come on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment