Ok it's funny you know. People naturally equate SEP = Traveling. Why is that? Why do people assume that? Ok, the answer is pretty duh... but to set things straight WL doesn't like traveling.... Why?
1) It cost money. Even though air tickets within the US are cheap relatively speaking, it is still money. It could be better spent elsewhere like upgrading my computer, buying accessories, etc...
2) It involves walking, especially if you're short on cash. I hate walking, just to let you know. I get enough of a walk everyday in UCLA.
3) It is similar to shopping, and I hate that... it's just a fucking unproductive way to waste time. I find other more meaningful ways to waste time, like blogging and sleeping.
4) I am not easily fascinated. Nothing in America has fascinated me, and probably nothing will. Most people, especially girls will go gaagaa over shit like natural wonders (Grand Canyon, etc...) or famous attractions (Disneyland, etc...) I don't...
The only time when WL would consider traveling for the sake of traveling (i.e. touring), will be with Nice Girl. Unfortunately, she's not here, so it's definitely not going to happen. Normal friends don't get such privilege you see, and definitely not any bunch of Americans that I have met or will met in the next 3 months.
So right now, I'm trying to list down what kind of "traveling" I would do. Here's some:
1) To attend some Star Wars or Science Fiction convention. Tried searching recently... nothing came up. Except one in Philadelphia, which happens to be one of the most dangerous cities in America. I think I'll pass on that one...
2) To attend some tech convention. But then again I have no idea on how to get in. Besides, going for such stuff will most likely depress me even more cause I won't have the money to buy such devices. Afterall, reading about them off the net is good enuff.
3) To track down my wife. By Googling, I found out that she lives in Vancouver, Canada and is planning to move here to LA soon (how soon I dunno). I'm now working on this option...
And just maybe I'll stop by Japan. Afterall, they are the most technologically advanced country in the world. Maybe WL will be fascinated. Maybe... but then again I don't speak Japanese, so my mobility and interaction there will be severely limited.
Fuck life...
EDIT: Then again maybe not!!! My wife will be appearing for a Stargate convention at Vancouver in the 1st Week of April!!! OMG I have to book air tickets and hotel rooms and convention tickets... Ok, now I'm behaving like a girl... fuck care la...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment