Sunday, January 6, 2008

Financial Woes

Ok man, money has been pouring down the drain for the past few days. I've managed to chalk up an all time record high of almost US$150/day (~S$200+/day) for the past 3 days on crappy stuff which is what I would define as useless daily essential items like toiletries, bedding, food, etc... (Note: computer/electronic purchases don't count as those are useful non-essential items).

Luckily, I think by now I have gotten almost everything I need except:
1) Pillow - yes, I need one, but not that urgent.
2) Kettle - not sure if I need one, might be classified as good to have, but not necessary.
3) Extra file - this one quite critical as I only brought one with me.
4) More towels - only brought 3, and I don't think I can use one towel per week it will smell...
5) Washing Powder and wadever you call it... I was thinking of sharing cost with my roomate, as I don't intend to do laundry more than once per week (aiming to do it once per fortnight).

Think maybe I'll just lump then in a single order and have it shipped to me by 2nd week.

Anyway, much of the money is now safely in the bank, amount undisclosed of course. Think I should start tapping exclusively in my US bank account to make things easier to organize. Cause I only purchased a 14 meal / week plan (i.e. 2 meals per day), I kinda reckon my lunch meal will be at campus. You see, I'm not going to waste 15min+15min wasting time walking up and down the hill just to get lunch from the hall. Even though it is financially cheaper, it is energetically unfavorable... and because the Gibbs' Free Energy of that reaction is positive, it ain't going to occur spontaneously. Besides, I still want to try all the shitty stalls at Ackermann (the place on campus that sells almost everything).

So... let's assume US$5.00 as a lower limit for one meal, and setting US$7.50 as the upper limit for one meal, and given there is about 22 working days per week, it adds up to US$110/mth and 165/mth extra for food as the lower and upper limit respectively. Ok, allowing for emergency shit that will pop up here and there, I think US$150/mth and 200/mth will be a comfortable lower and upper limit to not exceed. HOLY SHIT!!!

I'm already paying U$1200/mth for rental and 14 meals/wk... and the increase to switch to 19 meals/wk is only US$200???

No comments: