Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lunch - Meal Plan or No Meal Plan?

Time for a more detailed calculations...

By my estimation, the upgrade from 14 Meals to 19 Meals is going to cost $210.

Let's assume the upgrade is effective next week. That means I have 10 weeks left here (at minimum), which totals up to 50 lunches.

Assuming I spend $6/meal on lunch, that translates to $300 more for food.

Problem, with meal plan is that you have to eat at hall, and take fucks up >30min of my time. Assuming I use the Meal Coupon, valued at $2 subsidy for the "canteen food" on campus, it still means I must pay $200 for food, over the $210 cost to upgrade. Total price is $410... so this is not a good option.

Looking at my schedule, and assuming I'm a fucking hardworker and walk back to hall to eat lunch on days where the schedule permits... which is 3 days in hall, and 2 days off hall... it means I must pay $80 for off-campus food, over the $210 cost to upgrade. Total price is $290... WTF not much difference.

Ultimately, because I am staying for a single quarter, it makes no sense to upgrade now, cos the meal coupon subsidy is simply too pathetic... Ok, $300 gone down the drain!!!

No comments: