Ok, I think now it's a suitable time to review the objectives we have achieved here, and of course the mountain of failures...
Successful Objectives:
1) Experimentally confirmed that WL can live on his own. This means that in the future, I won't need rely on my Mother or a Wife. YEAH!!! I dun need to get married!!! YEAH!!!!!!
2) Exposed to American Food and the other variants here (Mexican, Italian, American-Asian). Preliminary analysis on what is good and what is not, and identified major deficiencies in the food here (i.e. curry) which will allow for countermeasures to be developed. Palatable-level of the food is just above habitable at the moment.
3) Managed to ship several items that are significantly cheaper than Singapore or not "shippable" to Singapore.
4) Managed to "kill off" two pesky USP Arts 1st-tier module and CM3292. Woots!!!
Grey Areas:
1) Determined the "Upper Limit" of WL tolerance for living conditions (suppose it's better to find out now than later). However, was not able to experimentally test if WL can survive long-term in more hospitable conditions.
2) Despite the research-related seminars here, did not learn anything significant about Grad School application that can be easily found online. Problem is that most of the workshops here are so "politically correct", and don't even want to touch on the real nitty gritty dirty things...
Failed Objectives:
1) Did not find a research/lab position. Truthfully, this should not come as a surprise, given the 3-mth time frame we have here.
2) Did not find a job to earn extra money. Again, to be honest this should not come as a surprise.
3) Unable to ascertain the situation of Microwave-food (or "Home-cooked" food in general) in America. Adaptability still uncertain.
4) Unable to make major IT Electronics purchases due to warranty issues between US and Singapore.
5) Did not attend any convention/events to my liking. WL attributes this to the timing problem of this trip.
6) Did not enjoy myself here, despite the high expectation that I thought I would.
7) Did not do anything different/new/unprecedented here in America. Again, I thought I would... very sad that I did not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment