Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Resolution. New Objectives.

It's time to do a review on our objectives here, and to update them:

1) Adapting to America. That has both succeeded and failed. It has succeeded because we now know what America is like, and the key considerations for living in America which were identified through the major fuckups I had. It has failed because the simulation here is grossly inaccurate, cause nobody lives in dorms and on meal plans!

2) Mugging Faster. This I declare is now a failure. The problem is that the Chemistry modules here have quite alot of overlap with NUS material, and the prof's inability to use IT resources is hampering the formation of an IT-based strategy to mug faster. Simply put, the conditions in UCLA is too different to from NUS.

3) Major Opportunities (Research/Job). This has also failed. Not surprisingly. No lab. No job. No wonder I'm so pissed off here!!!

4) Personal Opportunities (i.e. seeing my Wife). Unfortunately, too costly! US$1000+ on the conservative estimate. Fuck it la!!!

So having failed almost all objectives here on SEP... no wonder I am pissed!!! MISSION FAILED

Anyway, it's time to plan ahead. I find that I'm too stuck in the present now... which shouldn't be the case. Henceforth, I will be blocking out the weekends (i.e. no UCLA work), and redirecting them to a new objective.

Literature Review. Pretty vague right? Not good... Must Quantify:

Primary Objective: Prepare a proposal for the ISM-UROPS. Full technical proposal, not some half-baked sissy pseudoscience shit!!!

Secondary Objectives:
1) Be familiar with Prof Slavedriver's research from 2004 onwards.
2) Identify the trend & directions in Prof Slavedriver's research.
3) Get a grasp of the scientific work (i.e. other key players) related to Prof Slavedriver's research.

I hope this works... Did I mention WL doesn't like literature review? It's not because of the jargon or technicalities. It's because it's such a lonely process. Irony right? After all WL rants of how he wants to be alone... Hahahaha

No comments: