Happened to chance across a college-guide book today (meant for prospective undergrads). Apparently UCLA is one of the most (or was it the most) difficult college to get in because of its academic excellence and "attraction" to LA and the campus. Woohoo! WL feels good that he came here. Ok, one second of happiness is over. Back to grumbling mode...
WL has one word: WTF. Seriously, apart from their capacity in research, UCLA is no better than NUS. In fact, I would say with the fucking unreasonable rental rates, it is worse.
I remember attending one seminar on how one grad student explained why he liked UCLA despite the fucking pricetag. He said would you rather have a good time here or be somewhere off {insert state name that I can't remember} that is a total bore. Well, to that response I would say... as long as the program is good... I don't give a fuck if the place is as boring as hell.
Ultimately, I came to a conclusion. Schools like UCLA are like condominium and maybe schools like UIUC (a relatively more boring place with less action) is like a HDB flat. For those who like condominium you'll love UCLA. But I hate it. Just as I hate condominium because you're paying extra for all those shit services (pool, gym, etc...) which I never use, I hate UCLA because I'm paying for the LA environment, nightlife, wadever... that I have no interest in.
It's unreasonable for shit "features" like this get indirectly added on to my rental. You see, cause some people like the LA lifestyle (or more like alot of people), it drives the rental price up. Can we have a system that I pay half rent if I never leave campus grounds? I'll be fucking happy you know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment