Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Excerpt of WL's Complaint

Let's see if Lenovo US has the bloody courtesy to reply to my email and give a proper explanation. If anyone of you knows the email to the Lenovo top brass or management let WL know ok? I believe the contact information on the website just goes to those stupid low-level, brainless CSO people... Let's even see if they have the decency to escalate this matter up, which they should. If not, big FUCK U to American customer service. You're as condemned as Singapore!!!

Dear sir/mdm,

I am writing to you to express my utmost displeasure at Lenovo and the manner in which they treat their customers.

Lenovo prides itself by claiming that it offers quality products to its business-class users, yet it cannot fulfill a simple requirement like a proper International Warranty.

Having taken interest in your X61T Tablet product, which is on a great sale in recent weeks, I have decided to make a purchase with you. However, to my horror the X61T sold on the website (machine type 7764) has no decent International Warranty.

A quick search on your IWS website shows that it is only eligible for warranty in a few countries, mostly in Central & Latin America. The entire Europe and Asia continents are missing on that list. In particular, I require a Tablet PC that has warranty valid in both US and Singapore because I make extended trips between both countries.

This has compelled me to cancel my purchase; I did not place an order. I called Lenovo the sales staff to verify this weird finding. Indeed, they have confirmed that all the X61T models being sold are of machine type 7764 that has no warranty in Singapore (and in many other countries as well).

Not only did your sales staff flatly told me "NO", he did not provide any alternative solution to the problem. This is despite the fact that I have seen X61T on sale from other retailers with machine type 7762/7763/7767 which all have what I could term a "proper" International Warranty. To add further insult, your staff claims that those other machine types are older models, and were under the old IBM system which apparently has "proper" International warranty that the new models don't!!!

It was obvious that your sales personnel are of no help with my problem, but there is no need to lie to me in saying that the 7762/7763/7767 models are old models under the IBM system because:
1) You just released the 7762-63U model in Feb 08 according to your own documents on your website. If those are old models, how can a new 7762 machine type be released just this month?
2) Lenovo has bought over IBM, Notebook division for many years now. So this cannot be true, unless you claim that there is a new policy which says Lenovo does not offer International warranty?

As an intelligent customer, I have already surmised that the 7762/7763/7767 machine types were the stock pre-configured models, which unfortunately does not cater to my specific needs (in terms of specifications). Again, I find it puzzling why pre-configured models and built-to-order models are treated differently in terms of warranty.

Thus, I would like an explanation as to why I am having so much trouble finding a X61T with International Warranty. It is disheartening that a top-tier company like Lenovo is giving so much unnecessary grief and lying to a potential customer.

Perhaps I will take my purchase to HP or Fujitsu who offers competitive products of similar nature, and whose products come with a proper International Warranty.

I will also be certain to caution my friends from purchasing from Lenovo, for we all have an impression that Lenovo offers international warranty for all its business-class products. An assumption which is unfortunately no longer true.

Regards,
WL

No comments: