Friday, March 21, 2008

Half-Operational

Finally, after fucking around so much... I narrowed down to the BSOD problem to the Button Driver and Button Utility.

Using XP Pro drivers, I get auto-rotation when changing to slate mode, but no button functionality. And button functionality is important especially in slate mode.

Using XP Tablet drivers, buttons and auto-rotation works fine. But... it fucking BSOD.

Now, I'm trying Vista drivers, and it looks quite stable... so far... However, I'm missing a few features
1) My Fn+Brightness Up and Fn+Brightness Down keyboard buttons don't have any affect. However, I can do it in software... so minor issue.
2) The Fujitsu Tablet Panel is like 2/3 non-functional... as it was programmed with Vista in mind. Fuck it... at least it doesn't BSOD anymore.

However, in all 3 tries, I still don't get the auto auto-rotation feature. It's when you turn your tablet around, and the screen rotates to "keep up" with you. Well, I suppose I can just use the hardware change screen orientation button.

Fuck Fujitsu... Next time, must be anal with them. One would assume that all P1610 are the same in terms of hardware and not OS specific right? Bloody hell...

No comments: