Monday, March 17, 2008

Fujitsu P1610... Is so expensive!!!

Wah fuck la... I might end up paying US$900 for the lousy low-spec P1610. Really wanna fuck the bastard who got the med-spec version for just US$910. KNNCCB... that's a steal.

Let's look at the UMPC ranking now:

At US$400+, one can obtain the ASUS Eee PC. 7" Screen, Celeron 630Mhz (Dothan), 1GB RAM, 4GB SSD, 3-3.5hr battery life, 1-yr local warranty. Of course, I can always stick my 4GB SD Card to boost total storage to 8GB.

At US$500+, one can obtain the ASUS Eee PC of the above specifications with touchscreen capability. The touchscreen is a 3rd-party mod, and obviously I would risk the person spoiling my Eee and voiding the warranty.

At US$600, one can obtain the new Everex Cloudbook, 7" Touchscreen, VIA 1.2Ghz (which is about the same as the Eee PC CPU), 1GB RAM, 30GB HDD (not shock-mounted), 2.5-3.5hr battery life, 1-yr US warranty.

At US$700, one can probably obtain a decent 2nd-hand Kojinsha SH6 that has some warranty left in it. 7" Touchscreen, Intel 600Mhz (Stealey), 40GB HDD (not shock-mounted), Tablet conformation, 2.5+ hr battery life.

Adding a bit more to US$800 one can probably obtain a decent 2nd-hand SH8 that has the same specs but a faster (yet still slow) 800Mhz Stealey CPU and an oversized 100GB HDD (which is even larger than my TC4400 HDD!!!)

Now WL predicts at US$900 (effectively US$1000+ with taxes and overnight shipping), I can bid for the low-spec P1610, 8.9" Touchscreen (w/ Palm Rejection), ULV 1.2Ghz (Yonah), 512MB RAM, 30GB HDD (shock-mounted), 2.5-3hr battery life, 90-days International Warranty.

Is it worth the money dude? Technically speaking I'm paying da extra money for a larger screen that is big enough to write, a much faster CPU, shock-mounted design of the HDD cage and of course the tablet form-factor (something which all the great market researchers say is of no value to the idiot consumers, and is something that I believe nobody will introduce in the upcoming UMPCs)

Come to think of it when I write it this way, it seems worth it... Ok WL that's it... Go fuck the American girl next door!!! Spending money is sacrilege!!!

No comments: