Wednesday, March 5, 2008

America is Slack...

If there is one thing I don't like about America, is it's slackness. It's a fucking disease. It's a fucking miracle that the country has not slacked to extinction.

While some of my friends say that America is not slack I completely disagree. America is slack. Possible exceptions. If you're in a top university for a specific field and you are studying that specific field(e.g. CMU and Computer Science), then it probably isn't so. Anyway, all my friends who say that America isn't slack study in universities under those kind of top-specialized major.

A possible reason is that I think that profs here are not hell-bent on giving out Bs and Cs (like NUS). Again, it's probably not the NUS profs fault, but the bloody bell curve and whatever fuck quota that the NUS Administration sets. Here, I can feel that the environment is that profs don't want to purposedly give you poor grades, and they give you enough information (cut-off points, mid-terms scores, what-is-coming-up-for-the-exam) to give you a fighting chance. I would say that UCLA profs are very honorable in their conduct in that regard. Not to say that NUS profs are dishonorable, but rather NUS administration is dishonorable, and this has cast the NUS profs in bad light.

WL today was telling his labmates he was going to start mugging for his Ethics Final that is like next Monday!!! They said, and WL quotes "isn't that a bit too early?"

Ok... I thought I had achieved Guinness World Record of Slackness. Anyway it's time to do work. Anymore slacking and I will have to take a gun and shoot myself.

Don't forget Slacking is punishable by Death! I should execute myself 99-times over...

No comments: