Man... Customer Service is really fucked up in America. Here, I'm specific to the "Call Center" kind of customer service. As these companies are big MNCs, I suppose it's the same everywhere. One week ago, WL was thinking of buying the Seagate ES2 500GB HDD, which cost S$200 here (compare with S$270 back home).
WL contacts Seagate US. Seagate US replied that all Seagate HDD warranty is "international", aka worldwide. Meaning if spoil, I can RMA back home. Woots! Unfortunately, their fucked up phrasing in the email leads WL to suspect that maybe they just cut-and-paste. Fucking Call Centers, that's what they do...
So WL contacts Seagate Singapore. Seagate Singapore say that they have no information of OEM HDD, and told me to contact the reseller. Seagate Singapore say that warranty only applies for retail products. Fuck...
So WL contacted Newegg, a company selling OEM drives. After sometime, WL realized that Newegg dunno fuck also.
Then WL contacted Seagate US again. Finally, WL realized that Seagate definition of OEM means drives sold to people like Dell who build the computer and sell to you, the HDD in the Dell computer is not covered by Seagate. So it is likely that DIY shops like Newegg sells "OEM" drives with manufacturer warranty. Newegg and other retailers definition of OEM means no fancy packaging. WTF.
Anyway, WL decide to order from Directron (cheapest and I done business with them before). Anyway if it fucks up, I'll just send it back and ask for refund. No restocking fee since I won't open the package. WL will check the S/N number and check with Seagate to confirm warranty. So max damage will be the shipping costs back...
Hopefully this will work out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment