Hey dudes... it's time for the Dumb Consumer!!!
Today, we shall talk about the dumb consumer... which is YOU!!! WL finds that people are dumb when it comes to purchasing and using the laptop sleeve/case... you know those basic ones that just provides a simple "protective" covering over your laptop.
I see it everywhere. Everyone uses it. Sure, WL uses too. But mine is different from yours. How I use it is different from you. Ah... WL is not da dumb consumer like you!!!
Firstly, a cursory review of the laptop sleeves that people use show that they don't purchase the "proper" ones. Very common types I see include those normal clothing-cushiony material, neoprene or low-quality polyutherane memory foam. Let's just say that these materials offer shit against a real knock on your laptop. And the worse thing is that they can cost as much as a normal laptop sleeve. Press you damn sleeve if you don't believe. How long is it deformed? Does it even deform? Sigh... you guys just go pick the cheapest or the prettiest or worse use the bundled sleeve that came with your laptop. Might as well go to Daiso and get the $2 protectionless laptop sleeve. Save money. For the record I use a Zeroshock and now a Sumdex-branded laptop sleeve. Zeroshock I and II were good (but out of production sadly). Sumdex is OK... the best of the shitty lot still in production. Zeroshock III was a let down, it's a bit too soft for my taste.
Secondly, how do you carry your laptop + sleeve? Oh you hug it like a baby! Maybe it's the girls way to express their motherly affection for the laptop LOL... For fuck??? Has it not occured to you that when someone knocks into you... you will lose balance, fall down and the thing you are carrying will fall too? Don't believe, ok next time I come knock you... see whether your baby is still fine after that. Also, the fact that you have to hug it limits your versatility in unstable environments like a bus. What happens if the bus suddenly brakes? You fall down and hug your laptop, or you drop your laptop and not fall down. Da dumb consumer...
Thirdly, why is it that almost all brands out there don't have a handle? Only TravelPac, Sumdex and Zeroshock II had a handle for the sleeve. If you're using the sleeve as a standalone device... the least you need is a handle. Oh well... fucked up world this is.
Anyway, for the record I place my laptop and its sleeve in my bag. Cause the probability of dropping it is much lower than when I carry it in my arms. Also,the second most common carrying device is a messenger/sling bag. Has it not occured to you that the sling may break... and there goes your laptop. I used to carry a sling (laptop-like) bag in JC with all my books in it. The bloody sling broke on a regular basis. In addition, the messenger/sling bag is subjected to more vibrations than the backpack. At least the backpack has limited movements once you carry it. The messenger/sling bag and just swing around like no tomorrow and knock into objects here and there.
So why is it everyone still insist on carrying their laptop with sleeve as a standalone or in a messenger/sling bag? Da Dumb Consumer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment